Re: Fitting diaphram clutch to TR3

To: "John Middlesworth" <jape@email.unc.edu>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fitting diaphram clutch to TR3
From: "BOB KAMHOLTZ" <THUNDERBOLT@TECHHEADNET.COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 08:28:42 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
John:
The diaphram on the 4a/6 are a different size than the 3a/4. It is about
1/2" smaller across. To use the 4a/6 diaphram you have to have to correct
flywheel, or have one drilled and balanced (cost about $80 in Wi.). Some of
the late 3's I have taken apart had the flywheel you need. If you look at
the holes for the diaphram there will 6 threded holes for the 3a/4 and 6
holes drilled and threded for the 4a/6 diaphram. This is the correct one.
The biggest advantage to this diaphram is less weight.

Hope this was some help
Bob Kamholtz
ECOD