RE: General exhaust question

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'Scott Decker'" <sdecker@bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: General exhaust question
From: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 09:35:23 -0500 charset="iso-8859-1"
Yeah, I read the same thing in the TR250/6 Comp Prep manual.  On page 22, it
states that "When the two tail pipe systems were fitted they always resulted
in a power loss of at least 8 horsepower.  These tests were conducted with
full racing, fuel injected engines." That raised my eyebrows also because
conventional wisdom for street racing was always to go with the two outlet
system. I was wondering if Kastner's results were unique to the fact that
they were running 2 ½ inch diameter pipes with NO mufflers at all on a full
race, fuel injected engine.  Perhaps a stage 2 street engine with mufflers
would yield different results.  Anybody know?