Silicone Brake Fluid vs DOT3 or 4

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Silicone Brake Fluid vs DOT3 or 4
From: "Michael L. Coop" <mcoop@amfam.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 09:20:42 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers - Do any of you have experience using Silicone Brake Fluid on LBC's?

I'm just completing a total rebuild of the brake system on my '78 Spit 1500
including new Master Cylinder, new wheel cylinders, professionally re-built
calipers, and braided stainless steel brake hoses.

I've read so much pro and con about Silicone fluid on some of the other
lists (Porsche etc.) and am now totally confused.

I drive the car about 2500 miles in the summer and fall.  The rest of the
year I keep it under cover in my garage.

Thanks for any experience and advice you can share.

Mike Coop
Michael Coop Agency, Inc.