carb sources

To: Reed Mideke <rmideke@interbase.com>
Subject: carb sources
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 11:57:08 -0800 (PST)
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Thu, 17 Dec 1998, Reed Mideke wrote:

> And finally, I see a fair number of Zs (mostly later, but some early)
> in the junk yards around here, so that might be source of SU carbs for
> various TRs. Some volvos used them too.

I grabbed a Volvo haynes manual (because it was cheap) and they do not use
the H6 or HS6 (TR4-4A)- they use the HIF6 carb.  Same size, but not
adjustable.  It also has a bunch of cold start gadgetry that (obviously)
is not required :-)

Not sure if the manifold mounts are the same either; might be a bit of a
chore to adapt them.

However, the same car (D series?  have to check) used Z-S 175CDs, not sure
if they too had the cold-start and non-adjust features... but maybe the
bodies can be used.

Later volvos use a Bosch fuel injection system, too... hmm...

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm