Re: TR4 & TR4A Fan belts

To: ArthurK101@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR4 & TR4A Fan belts
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 22:43:05 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 12/15/98 12:55:33 PM EST, ArthurK101@aol.com writes:

<<  I thought the TR3 and TR4 were identical in this respect. Although it's
 > tight,
 >  there is adequate room on my TR3.>

 George, don't know about the TR3 but I have spoken to other TR4 owners and
 they have had the same experience with getting a proper fan belt between the
 crankshaft extension and the steering cross piece.  Note Vern's message where
 he says that the dealer told him it was necessary to loosen and jack up the
 engine.  Thanks.  Cheers.

 Art  >>
I'll add a few cents to this one. Art is right - you have to raise the motor
in a TR4 to install the belt. There is only about 1/2" clearance between the
steering rack and the fan extension, whereas on the TR3 there is lots of room
between the ext. and the steering rod. I can change the belts in my TR3's OK
but have to jack up the motor of the TR4.
Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4