Re: RESULTS: 2.0 > 2.5 > 2.7 liter GT6

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>, "Bill and Sal Birney" <birneybs@onaustralia.com.au>
Subject: Re: RESULTS: 2.0 > 2.5 > 2.7 liter GT6
From: "Ron and Angie" <nottingham@alltel.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 19:31:19 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Scott Decker" <sdecker@bellsouth.net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
>Bill and Sal Birney wrote:
>>
>> >Issue #1:  Can the 2.5 be bored successfully to 2.7?
>> >

>> Not all that hard, use Mazda pistons (can't tell you exactly which one,
but
>> there are a number of 2.7/2.8 ltr Triumphs down here (but don't expect
them
>> to rev like the 2ltr)
>
>I don't know which ones either, but I know ones that are not correct.
>It's the RX7 pistons.  They definitely will NOT work  ;^)

Unless.....  your Spitfire is powered by a rotary! ;-}  But then again, you
could only get 2.6L displacement with those, if you construct a 4-rotor
engine!

Ron and Angie - Dalton, Ga
84 300ZX Turbo    77 Spitfire      92 Tempo GLS    62 Vitesse
IZCC# 4779
"I gotta go, you're killing me!" - Kim Peterson, WGST 105.7, Atlanta