Re: TR4A HS6 Carb problem

To: Jim Jones <jonesj1@toad.net>
Subject: Re: TR4A HS6 Carb problem
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 22:18:47 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, Jim Jones wrote:

> >Probably little bits of the rubber fuel hoses that are scattered
> >throughout the fuel system.

> I have replaced all in the last two years.  Is there a better material than
> the stock auto-parts-store black rubber?
> The sludge built up over about the same time as that was when I rebuilt the
> carbs.

Hmm... 2 years...?  I haven't been a TR owner for that long; hence I do
not know how long it takes for sludge et al. to accumulate.

Anything happen in your glass float on the fuel pump?  My guess would
still be some part shedding bits of who-knows-what into the fuel stream
(maybe old gas pumps at the station??), but I don't know anything more
than that.

Take the computer programmers' approach: recompile and see if it does it
again.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm