Re: TR4 carpeting

To: "INTERNET:Brad.Kahler@141.com" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>, "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR4 carpeting
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 21:49:28 -0500
Message text written by INTERNET:Brad.Kahler@141.com
>Tony, to be honest with you I don't know.   I have a hunch that it would
be
>carpeting that matched the rest of the interior but thats pure guess work.

>All I know for sure is what Art Kelly has said.  Which is all TR4's had
the
>same charcoal grey loop carpeting.  In Bill Piggotts first book there is a

>picture of a TR4A with blue seats and blue carpeting and he calls the
color
>Midnight Blue.  So I feel a little better about saying the carpeting
matched
>the rest of the interior.<

Well I know the crash pads were ALWAYS black.  I have also heard that
the carpet was always one color.  I had thought that color was black.  I DO
have Piggot's book (hope to get the new one for xmas).  I know he said that
the blue interior in that picture was almost correct, but he diid not refer
to the
carpeting itself, and it is hard to tell the actual color.  Is the carpet
some blue
with a brighter edging?

I do think that the carpet OUGHT to be a similar color to the seats, rather
than
always some shade of black/gray.

-Tony