TR6 trouble today-I found the problem!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 trouble today-I found the problem!
From: Chad Stretz <ccfarm@tranquility.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 1998 08:56:34 -0600

What an overwhelming response!  Here's what I did:
The majority of folks led me toward the fuel system, so I started with
the fuel pump.  The screen was nice and clean.  When I disconnected  the
fuel line to blow it out, I found it.

A piece of dried fuel tank sealer had folded itself into a little cone,
and then made a home in my fuel line, just below the tank..  This
restricted the fuel flow just enough to cause the symptoms I discribed
earlier.  I'll be pulling the tank soon to do a thorough cleaning, and
I'll blow out the rest of the lines then.

Thanks to everyone for your incredibly promp and helpful suggestions.
It's nice to be able to do some arm-chair diagnostics before turning the
wrenches.

Chad Stretz
73 TR6