Re: TR3 Frames

To: Jack McCarrick <jmccarr@iwaynet.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Frames
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 1998 10:00:30 -0800
All of the frames I've seen vary in the placement of rust. The only
areas I've seen that seem to be constant are the two cross tubes at the
back of the frame. Since they have a dip in them, the drain hole seems
to get plugged, water collects and they rust out.

The frame of my car was rusted out there and in various spots along the
passenger side rail, mostly because some mice filled it with their nests
and it collected moisture.

--
George Richardson
The Wyvern - '57 TR3, TS15559L - Now on the road!