TR3 Frames

Subject: TR3 Frames
From: Jack McCarrick <jmccarr@iwaynet.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 1998 19:00:02 -0500
Are there any commonly recognized rust out points on the TR3 frame?
This one's clearly rough on the brace behind the distributor side spring
tower.  Sandblasting has not made any other areas apparent.  Any
recommendations on other specific places to closely check?

In the Trivia zone.  The cross member that  would be below the timing
chain has a tack welded small metal plate with an embossed Z  stamped 3
and an upside down stamped 1.
My understanding is that Triumph used a number of suppliers for frames.
Any one know how this relates to frame version or source?  I'm assuming
it's a factory part marking that's common.