Re: TR6 Trouble today

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Trouble today
From: Yelobullet@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 23:06:15 EST
Hey Chad,

    Just like most others, I would suggest checking the fuel system.  If you
have an electric fuel pump, I would removed it and clean it out, either by
soaking it or
spraying gumout through it.

   I had this exact problem three times before.  The first time, it was
because some idiot put half of a steel tipped ruler into my gas tank.  When
the ruler sank to the bottom, it was sucked over to the fuel outlet.  She
stopped running, and after a few minutes, she ran again.

   A second time was an upset ex-girlfriend that decided to a help me with a
special fuel additive commonly known as sugar.  And the third time was
sediment in the fuel tank.  You should remove the tank through the trunk,
empty it and
use a tank cleaning solution available at any Pep Boys or Western Auto.

   Good Luck!

                                                Steve
                                                ('68 TR250, The Yellow Bullet)