Re: TR6 Trouble today

To: Chad Stretz <ccfarm@tranquility.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Trouble today
From: Lenny Seidman <lseidman@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 1998 21:05:57 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Chad,
Sounds like dirt or sediment blocking the in-line fuel filter if you
have one or the fuel line itself may be filled/clogged with sediment.

The same symptoms you mention happened to a friend's TR-250 and he
finally disconnected the fuel line from both ends – the tank and the
carbs– and blew air through it and a load of crap came flying out. It
seems the sediment would block the fuel line while the car was
running/moving and would clog the fuel line and stop the car from
running. The sediment then would settle to the bottom  enough to let the
gas flow again until after starting and running andwould block the fuel
line again. And so on and so on. He would sit a while and then the car
would start as nothing ever happened and then drive for a few miles and
the car would die.  Again a few minutes later the car would be fine.

Hope this helps.

Lenny Seidman

--
Lenny Seidman