Re: Gas in oil

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Gas in oil
From: "Andy" <amdixon@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 05:28:42 -0500 (EST)
Cc: "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>, Rengrave@aol.com, walker05@camosun.bc.ca, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I'm with you Joe,
the TR I bought had no smoke, plenty of power (It had been reasonably
recently been rebuilt), and as I later found out, 0.041 crankshaft end float.
Fortunately the machine shop says they can fix the crankshaft. It's going to
cost me the same as a refurbished (I guess that's what they're going to do).
I too had gray sludge at the bottom of the pan.
On 11/05/98 11:46 PM Joe Curry said...