TR6 clutch advice

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 clutch advice
From: Tpjk@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 07:52:09 EST
Fellow listers,
        I have a recurring problem with the clutch in my TR6 that is getting
worse. I
have difficulty getting the trans. in reverse (grinding of gears).  I recently
had the trans. out to replace the release fork for the throw out bearing. The
fork had cracked and was slipping on the shaft. I checked the thickness of the
clutch disc and it seemed to be the same as a new disc. Did not replace it or
the pressure plate at that time.  Starting to regret it now!

        I've replaced the seals in the hydralic system. No visible leaks and
good
bleed job...I think!  I remembre a posting several months ago that had a
diagnostic protocol that involved the lenght of throw on the slave shaft. Can
anyone remember the distances?  Are there any other diagnostics I could
perform to isolate the problem to the hydralic system or the mechanical parts
( throwout system or plates). I sure hope I am not looking at synchros in the
trans!!!!

Thanks ofr any advice.

Tom
74 TR6