Received Carb Info

To: teddera@MNSi.Net
Subject: Received Carb Info
From: Rengrave@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 07:55:44 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Thanks Adrian,
I received your carb info in the mail yesterday, looks like a lot of useful
info and I can't wait to get into it to double my carb rebuild.
My car is starting now every time, but my oil pressure starts out at 50-60 psi
and drops to 0 psi when the engine warms up. I got my hands on a good pressure
gage and I will be testing the actual oil pressure at the engine to get a
reliable reading. One lister mentioned that with all the rich carb trouble I
have been having, the low pressure could be caused from raw gas settling by
the piston rings and contaminating the oil in the base which would make the
oil thinner and harder to pump. I will change the oil after I check the
pressure with the gage just to see if there's any difference.
I pulled the rocker cover off and only two or three of the pin holes are
getting oil, the rest look dry (no pressure or blockage?) If blocked, how do I
clean out passages, by solvent flush (Bad idea for old engine?) or by pushing
some kind of wire through and letting the muck fall on the floor with the oil
pan removed?

Any suggestions are appreciated,
Wayne from Massachusetts
1973 TR6