British Motor Cars, Ltd.

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: British Motor Cars, Ltd.
From: kengano@advant.com (Gano, Ken)
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 1998 23:14:42 -0600
With the end of soccer season and a pretty Sunday for I drive, I took
off this morning and ran to Madisonville, KY. to check out British Motor
Car, Ltd., PauL Oglesby, et. al.

It was all the poster last week suggested.  On large room filled with
NOS parts and a second stacked to the ceiling with used parts.  Many
things I haven't seen elsewhere, including the infamous skirted
thermostats, new hard top rear windows, bullet nose starters (lot's of
them) a repo radio enclosure for TR3 and more stuff I couldn't even
begin to identify.

The prices were fair (no super bargains, but fair) and Paul is very
knowledgeable.  After 2 hours of plain digging, some great conversation
and more money than I should have spent, I made away with a complete
rebuilt gauge set, basically, all the light fixtures I'll need, a new
hard top window (suppose to be shipped this week), one of the
aforementioned thermostats and a half a dozen other assorted goodies.
Why does the box always seem smaller when you get home?

Anyway, it's 3 1/2 hours due south of me (we're 4 from Chicago) and well
worth the trip.  It's almost exactly 50 miles due south of Evansville,
In. directly on US rt. 41.  A strong recommend if you are anywhere near
the area.

Address is:

Paul Oglesby
British Motor CArs, Ltd.
325 Broadway
Madisonville, KY 42431
502-821-6351 (shop)
502-825-1251 (fax)
502-825-2994
502-821-7050

No financial interest, just passing along a true find.  Thanks to
whomever posted last week.

Ken Gano
kengano@advant.com