Re: British Motor Cars, Ltd.

To: kengano@advant.com
Subject: Re: British Motor Cars, Ltd.
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 11:53:19 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I'd also like to recommend Paul as a source for parts.  I've purchased quite a
few hard to find parts for my TR4 from Paul.  Prices are reasonable if maybe
a touch high.  But everything I've purchased from him has been in excellent
condition.

Just my $.02

> It was all the poster last week suggested.  On large room filled with NOS
> parts and a second stacked to the ceiling with used parts.  Many things I
> haven't seen elsewhere, including the infamous skirted thermostats, new
> hard top rear windows, bullet nose starters (lot's of them) a repo radio
> enclosure for TR3 and more stuff I couldn't even begin to identify.
>
> The prices were fair (no super bargains, but fair) and Paul is very
> knowledgeable.  After 2 hours of plain digging, some great conversation
> and more money than I should have spent, I made away with a complete
> rebuilt gauge set, basically, all the light fixtures I'll need, a new hard
> top window (suppose to be shipped this week), one of the aforementioned
> thermostats and a half a dozen other assorted goodies. Why does the box
> always seem smaller when you get home?
>
> Anyway, it's 3 1/2 hours due south of me (we're 4 from Chicago) and well
> worth the trip.  It's almost exactly 50 miles due south of Evansville, In.
> directly on US rt. 41.  A strong recommend if you are anywhere near the
> area.
>
> Address is:
>
> Paul Oglesby
> British Motor CArs, Ltd.
> 325 Broadway
> Madisonville, KY 42431
> 502-821-6351 (shop)
> 502-825-1251 (fax)
> 502-825-2994
> 502-821-7050
>
> No financial interest, just passing along a true find.  Thanks to
> whomever posted last week.
>
> Ken Gano
> kengano@advant.com

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My 1st attempt at a web site. Http://www.141.com/triumphs

1964  Spitfire4           BFC25720L
1961 TR4                   CT288L (To Maine or bust)
1959 TR3A                 TS41311L (someday)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108