Re: Re-emergence of Triumph and Austin Healey names

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Re-emergence of Triumph and Austin Healey names
From: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 22:16:48 -0700
Oh Boy!,
    I've been trying to avoid getting dragged into this thread. Rovers are
NOT manufactured in the same way they have always been. Until the 1970s-80s,
Rovers had always been sturdy, high quality gentlemens carriages. The Rover
name was applied to the Ex-British Leyland groups produsts (originally in
combination with Austin) once the Leyland name had been irrevocably
tarnished by the dreadful vehicles of dreadful quality produced during the
late 1970s! (I even include the Triumph range here because by that time
their quality was dreadful). To see Rover badges on Metro variants makes my
flesh creep! I have no problem with continued use of the Rover name (or any
other), I would just like to see it applied to appropriate vehicles.
    I guess I'd really like to see the Triumph name revived for one specific
reason - I think it's sad that the Acclaim is considered the last of the
line.
    Trying not to get too emotional and irrational,
        Bill.

--
                            This Message sent by:
=====U==============U=====  1966 Herald 1200 Convertible