Re: Stuck lug nuts.

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, triumph listserv <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Stuck lug nuts.
From: Roger Helman <rogerh@digimation.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 11:42:46 -0500
    I think this is the best solution. I'm guess I'm lucky and unlucky at the
same
time. The reason my lugs are stuck, is they have a permanent fake chrome cap.
It's
this stupid cap that just spins and spins.   After I crushed the offending cap
on
with a BFH and a 3/4 socket. I can see the top of the real lug and the top of
the
stud.  So I shouldn't have a problem with the drill wondering on to my nice
rims.

Roger

    BTW Ford stopped using the stupid lugs in 94 or 95 because of this problem.
But
they still have not issued a recall or builtin that I'm aware of. This is my
only
real complaint with the vehicle. Other than this, it's only been the Drivers
power
window motor (worn bushings) beyond the normal oil, tires and other consumables.
It's been a great car.
    I am glad I decide against the 4WD version. I have heard from others on the
list how much trouble the front hubs can be.

--
Roger Helman                  71 TR6 CC67866L
Digimation Inc.               http://deepthought.digimation.com/rogerh/