Re: Gas Odor In The Garage - 1966 TR4A

To: jmwagner@greenheart.com
Subject: Re: Gas Odor In The Garage - 1966 TR4A
From: "Peter J. Thomas" <pjthomas01@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 08:23:49 -0400

Justin Wagner wrote:

> Peter J. Thomas wrote:
> >
> > Same model, same year, same smell.  No noticable leaks.  I assumed it was
>coming
> > from the gas cap.  Please someone, correct me if I am wrong.  The gas cap is
> > vented, unlike modern cars which are sealed to reduce polution.
> >

> I've had the same problem with my TR 4A...  but it seems worse lately
> ... I tend to think the fuel tank has a slow leak or something...  Even
> a vented cap shouldn't be that strong.
>
> If I find anything, I'll let the list know... but I can't get to it for
> a while.

In my case the smell isn't overwhelming.  I can only smell it when the garage
has not
been opened from some time.  Also, the smell seemed to be linked with the
warming
weather.  It could be (far stretch) that the fuel in the tank expanded at the
garage
warmed, pushing out a little vapor.  Then again, there is also a lawn mower,
chain
saw, string trimmer and two gas cans in the garage.

Peter Thomas