Re: Slave Cyl

To: Brian Neuschwander <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Slave Cyl
From: tomomalley@hey.net (Tom O'Malley)
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 01:59:07 GMT
Brian writes...

>The pinch bolt notches relative to the circlip piston stop appear the
>same distance (the only relevant dimension I can think of).
>
>Is there any meaningful story behind the different cylinders, such as
>application or performance?

I've noticed and pondered the same thing.  My current tranny <single
rail> is fitted with the shorter "alloy" slave that came from my old
three rail unit.  All seems fine so I don't know if there's
compatibity issue of not.  I'd be interested to hear what you lean
however.

>Knowledge appreciated (humor also, considering what we drive).

Ah!  Have you heard about the new "JACKSON" beanie baby being marketed
in the UK?  Picture "Ken" driving Malibu Barbi's dream car fabricated
from bean tins and papier-mache'...

 :-)

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley in Southbridge Massachusetts
'74, '77 Spits