Slave Cyl

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Slave Cyl
From: Brian Neuschwander <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 05:57:01 -0700
Dealing with a recent episode of clutch actuation problems on my 79
spit, I noticed I have two different slave cylinders in my parts
inventory. Both fit the pinch bracket.   Both are 7/8" ID, however, the
iron one is has a longer bore than the aluminum one.

The pinch bolt notches relative to the circlip piston stop appear the
same distance (the only relevant dimension I can think of).

Is there any meaningful story behind the different cylinders, such as
application or performance?

Knowledge appreciated (humor also, considering what we drive).
--
Brian W. Neuschwander
79 Spitfire