Re: lighter and radio install

To: "Mark S. Lepore, MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: lighter and radio install
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 18:23:52 -0500
I have a old Pioneer radio that fits pretty nicely as well. I'd go back
to the fuse box with one of those inline fuse wires  that sells for
about $1.99 and run two back to the center dash support. I'd pick a
switched terminal for the radio and an unswitched terminal for the aux.
port.  I'd stay away from the dash support floor bolts as these rust
very easily=bad connection. The metal dash panel is bolted to the car
and should be sufficient ground (all the gauges are grounded this way).

Bob Kramer, Austin TX
Hill Country Triumph Club
TR6x3, TR250 x3, TR3A vintage race
rgk@flash.net

----------
> From: Mark S. Lepore, MD <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
> To: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: lighter and radio install
> Date: Monday, April 27, 1998 12:48 PM
>

> Hello all:
> Thanks for all the responses on the lighter install.  This coming
weekend I
> plan on installing the radio and lighter at the same time.  Three
lingering
> questions for the group:
> 1) The stereo I bought (shaft-style Pioneer - required only one
hours-worth
> of Dremel activity on the Center Dash Support) has two power leads.
The