Woodlawn Brit Show

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Woodlawn Brit Show
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 09:28:05 -0700
I wanted to thank all of the Capital Triumph Register
members for putting on a fantastic show, Britain on the
Green at Woodlawn, this Sunday. The weather held for a
beautiful day. The setting, a field next to the Woodlawn
Mansion overlooking the Patomic and Mount Vernon couldn't
have been more beautiful. About 150 British cars certainly
added to the majesty of it all.

Charlie Brown did an excellent job with the organization,
although he was always seen running around holding his
walky-talky eyeing every detail (just kidding Charlie, a great
job was done).

Special thanks goes out to Karl Johnson for some great directions
to drive down from PA on secondary roads. A wounderful drive down.

Fred Thomas was my saviour. The 6 was experiencing some serious
missing and backfires by the time we arrived in Mount Vernon
Saturday night (even kept my wife and I from going to highly
recommended resturant, "Mike's"). Nursed the 6 to the show, pulled
into the designated slot for early 6's and within 5 minutes Fred
was over introducing himself. Told him the problem and he diagnosed
it pronto! "I needed a new condesor for my distributor". Well, next to
us
was Joe, who promptly pulled one out of his trunk (of course no
monetary payment was expected, thanks for the kindness). The problem
was fixed, my wife could relax for the day (so could I) and even got a
mini tour as Fred went out with me for a drive to make sure all was
well.

The drive home to Central PA went without a hitch and didn't hit rain
until York.

In summary, learned a new diagnosis that will be invaluable, met a
number of great people from the list, saw some great cars, and most
importantly, reasured my notion that Triumph people are truly
caring and will go the extra mile for a fellow enthusiast.

I will definitely encourage more PA Triumph members to attend
next year's (Charlie, there will be a next year!) show and
hopefully can extend some courtesy to those I mentioned if/when
they come up to PA for some shows (Carlisle, Meeting of the
Marques, A Tast of Britain).

Thanks again.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA