TR3/4 Exhaust manifold studs

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3/4 Exhaust manifold studs
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 13:12:28
Can anyone confirm that the studs which are used to connect the TR3/4
exhaust manifold to the exhause pipe are threaded into the manifold, or are
they simply pressed in.  One was already snapped and I snapped a second,
so.....  I've got to replace them and I will use bolts and nuts instead.
I'm just not sure about the best way to get the remining bits of stud out.

BTW - The manifolds are off the car, although the inlet, outlet and carbs
are still attached to each other.  In retrospect, I could have removed the
head without disrupting this joint, but I didn't realize it until it was
already too late.  :-(

Thanks,

Jack