Re: Valve clearances - OHC

To: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Valve clearances - OHC
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 12:49:59 +1000 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
James,

Thanks for your reply. I would like to install a manifold vacuum gauge, but
all my inlet runners are separate (for the Webers), so I'd need to drill and
tap 4 holes, creating more opportunities for vacuum leaks. I may do it
anyway, though; as a physicist, I like to measure everything possible!

Changing the inlet valve shims would necessitate removal of the 5 head bolts
(which go through the rocker assembly). I suspect that that, in turn, would
necessitate replacement of the head gasket. So, I'd need a pretty good
reason to do it (eg. another 20 horsepower).

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia