Re: Valve clearances - OHC

To: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Subject: Re: Valve clearances - OHC
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 08:19:15 +0000
Cc: james <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
You've asked the wrong chap about OHC non rocker heads.  This could be a
pain I must admit.  If the valves are out of clearence then they do need
to be adjusted.  I think you have to shim up or down the cam???  That
way you can only do one valve at a time.  Presuming your confident on
both mersurements, you will need to adjust the clearences.  I woulent
put it past them to need re-adjusting after the engin has setteled in.
Things like you have re-torqued the cylinder head.  You did make shure
that everyting was the same specefied temperature when you measured it.

I expect that if you mersure your compressions, if they are down, then
it's propeble that the valves are at fault.  If there not, then I would
look else where.  Try a manifold vacume gadge, you can diagnoes alot of
thing, by sticking one of those in your car.
--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot