Re: Insult of the week

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Insult of the week
From: Mike Thompson <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 01:20:31 +0000
I'd just like to add a couple of experiences to this thread.
Besides always being asked how my MG project is going and so on.

Last year I was in a bank drive-thru in my 78 Jag XJ6 when in the next
line I hear this young girl ask her boyfriend what that pretty car was
beside them. He (Mr. Cool) leans back, takes a look at the hood ornament
and tells her it's a new Mercury Cougar.

The other time was when I was driving my 50 Dodge pickup (on my web
site) It had a green cab, black bed and yellow wheels, all original. It
even says DODGE on the tailgate. This guy comes up to me in a parking
lot and looks thoughtfully at the truck and says "I didn't know John
Deere made trucks too."

Natural selection should have taken care of these folks many moons ago.

Cheers,
Mike Thompson
59 TR3A
73 GT6