just how many filters and what is that made of

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: just how many filters and what is that made of
From: "Larry Hooven" <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 22:22:45 PDT
sorry to bore everyone with my querys, but like i said the other day i
got my parts including bushings and tonight spent a couple hours
tinkering and replacing assundry parts...bushings tommorow so look out
there....

first off.....what the hell is the spacer made out of for the mechanical
fuel pump on a 79 spitfire....looks like cowhide to me, but might be
wrong...good thing i bought this, the old one fell apart in my hand when
i took it off...the pump not the spacer....

second off....i have so far (not looked completely) found 4 fuel filters
in line between the gas (petrol) tank and the fuel pump....last i looked
even my 63 chevy and 72 porsche only have one or two (63)...question is
how many are really needed...tank empty, all 12 year old fuel used to
start next door neighbors begonias on fire...ehehhehehe  j/k...

third off....recommendations as to shocks (other than koni or
spax)....need to be cheap till the alimony time runs out....but want to
drive so.....

tia, and talk to ya tommorow...