Re: Spin on Filter TR6 engine

To: Lawrence Schilling <lchillin@siu.edu>
Subject: Re: Spin on Filter TR6 engine
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 18:07:54 -0700
Cc: TRIUMPHS@Autox.Team.Net
Lawrence Schilling wrote:

> I recently install Moss's spin on filter adapter.  I have the filter on top
> pointing upwards.  I saw a picture in a mag with the filter pointing down.
>
> Does anyone know if this makes a difference?  It's not leaking so I would
> really hate to have to take it off and switch it around which would
> probably guarantee a leak per Murphy's Law.

Well, the engine is without oil pressure until the filter fills each
time you start--everything drains out when you stop. (!) There are
filter cartridges which are made to operate in that orientation--look to
see if you can find one which matches the pipe adapter and land of the
filter adapter. Usually, you can see a rubber check valve inside the
filter.

Cheers.

--
My other Triumph runs, but....