One leak stops, another starts...

To: blang@mit.edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: One leak stops, another starts...
From: jbonina@nectech.com
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 11:02:44 -0400
     ...just a different color though.

     Well, I just got the brown fluid to stop flowing yesterday (oil).

     This A.M. it started spewing green stuff (antifreeze). It's coming
     from the heater valve near the top,back of the valve cover. When the
     valve is in the open position (the dash control knob pulled all the
     way out), it's leakin' like a sieve. When I close the valve(knob
     pushed in) it stops.

     Is this heater valve a "replace" part versus a "repair" part?

     While I'm fixing/replacing it is there any other good advice such as
     replacing the hoses leading to and from it if necessary? Anything else
     I need to know?

     Thanks folks,
     Jeff
     '73 TR6 in Mass.