The Cross-Thread Fairy

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The Cross-Thread Fairy
From: msecres@ibm.net
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 16:04:57 -0400
I couldn't leave well enough alone, so I decided to fit a new fuel pump
on my GT6 before the original gave up the ghost.  Now I have a little
problem with said new pump.

While Boy Wonder was fitting the output fuel pipe, it seems that he
cross-threaded it a little.  The result is that I cannot tighten down
the pipe bulb into its seat sufficiently to stop it from leaking.
Looking inside the threads on the pump, it's hard to see any damage
(ditto the male pipe nut), but I can't seem to get the fuel line fitting
to thread in correctly.  Does anyone have any little trick I never heard
of (besides buying a new fuel pump) for fixing this?

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6