Re: RE: RE: TR6: Alternator, fixed?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk, DUHART@symbol.com
Subject: Re: RE: RE: TR6: Alternator, fixed?
From: John Duhart <DUHART@symbol.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 08:58:16 -0400

>>> Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk> 04/08 7:59 AM >>>

>John,
>Ah well, thats why I asked, had the same problem, and syptoms were that
>the voltmeter was reading low current turned out to be a combination of
>a loose bulb and a broken wire connector at the alternator.
>
>Gernot

 I ran the car again last light.  Using a volt meter across the battery I get a
reading as high as 13.78.  This is not the 13.9 - 14.9 the regulator is suppose
to be regulating at.  Perhaps this is why the IGN light stays on?

 Oh ya, I did something by mistake last night.  WHile attaching the voltmeter
to the Battery the '+' cable came off.  The Car continued to run.  After a few
quick swares I reattached the cable.  The voltage continued to raise at the
Battery.  What do you think?

Later,
JHD IV