Re: Tierods

To: Bob <rlmcneit@cpis.net>
Subject: Re: Tierods
From: jbonina@nectech.com
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 09:18:00 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

   Bob, you are so very right. Nice going!

   When I tried to install the new nylock nut on the side that had fallen off,
the tie rod kept spinning as I turned the nut. What I had to do was turn the
steering wheel to a point where the ball joint would bind just enough so that it
wouldn't turn as I tightened the nut.

That being said, the bottom of the nut and tie rod are flush. there are no
threads showing at all. Bob Lang suggested that maybe the tie rods aren't seated
totally.

How can I tell? Is it possible that the tie rod is short?

Frankly, I'm a bit scared to drive the car hard until this is resolved.

Jeff
'73 TR6