Re[2]: Tierods

To: Steve Chandler <chand@primenet.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Tierods
From: jbonina@nectech.com
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 09:47:16 -0400
Cc: Bob <rlmcneit@cpis.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
     Thanks Steve, I'll try that to see if it's 'seated'.

     Jeff

Subject: Re: Tierods
Author:  Steve Chandler <chand@primenet.com> at SMTP
Date:    4/7/98 6:38 AM

You could loosen the nut again, if the taper was seated you should
be able to take the nut off without the taper spinning. If indeed the
joint has not seated it would just spin when you tried to take the
nut off.

BTW, I have had this problem before, and I use a regular nut to pull
down the joint. As there is less friction than with a nyloc nut, this
usually works. Once I have tightened down the regular nut, I remove it
and put the nyloc back on.

Regards

steve

--