Re: More SU woes

To: "Bob" <rlmcneit@cpis.net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: More SU woes
From: "Larry Quirk" <Larry.E.Quirk@gov.ab.ca>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 12:35:31 -0700
Are the throttle butterfly valves seating correctly in the throttle bores?
They are chamfer cut on the edges that seal against the bore.  When
tighting them to the throttle shaft you must do so with the throttle stop
backed out completely and then ensue that the butterfly is installed in the
correct orientation through the throttle shaft and then while completely
closed, tighten the two pinch screws that pass through the throttle shaft.
Using a bright lamp from the reverse side, sight down the throttle bore to
see if you have any light passages between the bore and the butterfly -
where there's light there will be air.
If this doesn't fix it, persevere with other suggestions from the list.
Larry (SPITMAN)