Re: Spit clutch question

To: "Sam Gentry" <hsgentry@cfw.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Spit clutch question
From: "Ralph Jannelli" <rjannelli@uncc.campus.mci.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 21:50:11 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I have had the same symptom - The problem was the thrust washers had fallen
out!! Check the crankshaft end play, if the washers have fallen out the
crank will move 1/4 to 3/8 inch when you depress the clutch. If this is the
case walk, no run away from this deal unless you get it for next to nothing
and can find a new block!

Ralph Jannelli
'65 Spitfire MKII
'72 Spitfire MKIV