the new list, TRs, my new GT6+ project

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: the new list, TRs, my new GT6+ project
From: McGaheyRx <McGaheyRx@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 23:09:37 EST
Well I've got a TR6 - I've had more than one and I've had at least 1 since
1977.
For 6 days now, I've had a GT6+ as well. So obviously I'll want to be on both
lists.
There's a great story about this GT6+ that I thought I would post one day real
soon - it has to do with the fact that although I don't know the guy I bought
it from,
I actually knew the original owner, I actually drove the car and tried to buy
it
about 12 years ago, how I found the car again and wound up finally dragging it
home.Some people on both lists might enjoy reading this, so what do I do ?
Post it
to both lists ? Then people like me who want to be on both lists will actually
get MORE mail when this happens.
And what about all the GT6 questions I was just about ready to start
bombarding
the list with ? Can I assume that everyone with GT6 interest and knowledge
will move to the new list ? or should I post GT6 comments and questions to
both
lists once again increasing mail volume for people like me who will want to be
on both lists ?
I mean they're all Triumphs after all, and I've always been interested in
spits
for that reason - even though I've never intended to own one and never owned
anything on that frame till this week.
It just seems like an idea intended to lower mail volume is going to actually
raise
it for some of us, and some people who don't get on both lists are going to
miss
some things they'd really rather not miss.
Having said all that, I must add that having this list or lists in whatever
form it
takes is certainly better than not having it and God bless Mark B. for doing
all he does to keep it going in whatever form he decides to put it in - this
just doesn't strike me as a good move.
Okay, I'll stop now.

Jack Mc
73 TR6