Re: new list

To: "Shane F. Ingate" <ingate@shiseis.com>
Subject: Re: new list
From: "Dr. Robert Carley" <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 16:42:46 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

Shane F. Ingate wrote:

> On Mark Bradakis creating the list for Spitfires:
>
> While I see the merit in now having the two lists, I for one will
> miss the contributions by our Spitfire Brothers.  Even though 90%
> of the technical Spitfire discussions are not applicable to
> my TR (and the bigger Triumphs), there are some absolute gems
> of advice from time to time that I have squirriled away.
>
> Besides, I happen to like Spitfires.  I will miss the discussions
> of Triumph history (which is meaningless unless viwed in the
> context of all Triumph models), vendor news and general banter.
> Although I may rarely write anything of importance to some of
> the Spitfire personalities on the list, I consider them
> net-friends and a shining light in the lonliness of cyber-space.
>
> One day, when I'm rich and famous, I'll have a GT6 and a
> Spitfire vintage-racer in the garage as well.
>
>         Shane Ingate in San Diego

I have to echo Shane's comment here.  I own a TR6, but thanks to the
various discussions on this list about Spitfire and GT6 issues, I feel I
have developed a much better understanding and appreciation of these
models.  The same, of course, could be said for the TR3, 4 and other
model discussions.
It's nice to hear how those with other models tackle problems, and see
where their solutions carry over to another model of  Triumph

Robert Carley
73 TR6
Ontario, Canada