New list

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New list
From: Mark Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 21:36:58 -0700 (MST)

On the one hand, I don't really like to see the various lists diluted
by creating more specialized sublists.  There used to just be one
all-encompassing list, british-cars@autox.team.net.  Now if you send
email to majordomo@autox.team.net with the 'lists' command, you'll see
that there are quite a few more lists devoted to various British
Marques.  Hmm, maybe I should change the spelling of my name to Marque
J. Bradakis.  Anyway, just imagine what your mailbox would be like if ALL
the mail for those lists came to you.  I'd be spending 23.5 hours a day
just tossing off those lame AOL and Juno folks who let their mailbox fill up!

Anyway, were one to make use of the lists command, one could see that a
list now in existence is spitfires.  No digest version yet, we'll see how
it goes.  To subscribe, send mail to

   majordomo@autox.team.net

with nothing in the body of the mail message but

  subscribe spitfires

I've gotten requests for such a list off and on for a number of years, maybe
driving my Spitfire to work the other day inspired me.  Perhaps the split
will help limit the overwhelming amount of mail some folks deal with.

Of course, if people would simply learn how to spend some time and intelligence
in producing their mail, trimming down included material and taking all the
useless ego droppings out of their signature files, I bet the mail going through
here would drop by at least 30%.  Of course, it is highly unlikely a widespread
plague of common sense and courtesy will strike the network any time soon.
So it goes.

mjb.