Re: New list

To: "Mark Bradakis" <mjb@cs.utah.edu>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: New list
From: "Peter Gillis" <pgillis@cosmedia.ie>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 08:45:32 -0000
Referring to the major domo lists Mark wrote:
> Anyway, were one to make use of the lists command, one could see that a
> list now in existence is spitfires.  No digest version yet, we'll see how

Mark
I don't think this is a great idea, with the amount of affection most
people on the
list have for the make as opposed to individual models and with all the
tech stuff
that if answered for a spitfire would also do quite nicely for your herald,
vitesse,
GT6 or even your toledo/dolomite.
Our local club started out with the same principle as the Sports six club
(catering
for all cars based on the herald chasis). Through limited numbers here in
Ireland we were pushed towards accepting all Triumphs into the fold, we
have
certainly found it to be a much more enlightening and fun club since then.

Cheers
Peter Gillis
'69 2000 Mk1
'63 TR4