RE: TR3 with straight six.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: TR3 with straight six.
From: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 9:34:29 -0600
Cc: roger.digimation.com%PWMS1@email.mot.com
Comments: ( Received on motgate.mot.com from client pobox.mot.com, sender Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com )
Subject: TR3 with straight six.

Roger Wrote:
    "While I was at the New Orleans British car show this weekend, I
noticed a very interesting TR3 with a straight six. The block looked
like t was from a GT-6. Its number started with a KD. The unusual part
was the head. It look like about an inch or more from the intake and
manifold side was missing. The edge was almost flush with the edge of
the valve cover. Is this some sort of custom head or did they really
mill that much off the intake and manifold side?"

Roger,
   That TR3 was there last year as well. I talked to the owner and got the
scoop. It is an early GT6 MKI engine with the exposed pushrod tubes. It fit,
but just barely as you noticed. There are no body or frame modifications so
it can be changed back to original equipment easily. I was told it is
actually slower than it was with that big old 4. I took some photos of it so
when they are developed I'll take a closer look at the intake manifold area
but I was under the impression it was stock.
    BTW the other Roger thanks you for the 69 seats. Now he just has to
figure out how to get them from Corpus to Austin.
Later,
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L
71 Spitfire MKIV FK9365L