Re: TR3 with straight six.

To: Roger Helman <rogerh@digimation.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 with straight six.
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 09:49:35 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hmmm, not sure but mine, a 1970 GT6 is KD78502E and has the exposed head
nuts/studs and is of the later TR6 style block and head, and my sources
indicate that starting late in 1968, the prefix was KD50001, which included
MK2 from 69 thru 70.  From then on the prefix was KF1-  The MK1 started
with the prefix KC1 thru KD50000.  It's possible that it is an earlier MK1
engine (KD50000 or earlier)and am not sure, but I seem to recall reading
somewhere that the earlier cars (The Vittesse engine?) had the nuts under
the valve covers??  Someone with an early GT6 straighten me out here - Too
bad you didn't get the number-

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (project)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler, rain vehicle, getting a V6 soon!)