TR7 reputation?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, kbarbour@nortel.ca
Subject: TR7 reputation?
From: Starr61871 <Starr61871@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 22:24:04 EST
Ok, only a few people know the story behind me acquiring my lil' '80 TR7, but
in short it was unexpectedly "given" to me.  So, i thought since i had it I
would restore it b/c all that have looked at it for me say that it is in good
shape.  NOW I am being told by a former Triumph nut (meant in the most
affectionate of ways) that TR7's are junk and I should get rid of it ASAP.
That they tend to have a lot of engine problems, esp. here in FL , that the
gasket heads tend to blow, and other more serious and expensive problems.  i
am a newbie at this and am looking for info from the people who know----ALL OF
YOU EXPERIENCED TRIUMPH NUTS!!!!  (meant int eh most affectionate of ways!)  I
want the good, the bad, and the ugly.  I am a big girl, be brutally honest.  I
can take it!
Thanks,
Starr--wondering if anything good does come free
Stella--the '80 TR7 convertible wondering about her future