Re: TR3a radiator removal

To: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: TR3a radiator removal
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 08:12:59 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Yes, you actually have to use and open end wrench and turn them a
fraction of a turn each time.

Bob Schaller, in his "More BS About TR's" shows a method of bolting down
the radiator that allows easier removal. He inserts a thinner bolt (5/16
NF) from the bottom and fastens it in place with a thin jam nut (I
welded mine in place). Then you can drop the radiator over it and put a
nut on top to hold it down.

BTW, "More BS about TR's" has bunches of great tips, provided you don't
mind deviating from the original setup.

Adding rack and pinion steering, repairing hydraulic cylinders, antisway
bars  oil coolers and more are addressed.

--
George Richardson
'57 TR3, TS15559L