Re: '74 commission numbers

To: Scott.Mackay@SEMATECH.Org
Subject: Re: '74 commission numbers
From: jbonina@nectech.com
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 11:14:10 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
     I have a '73 and my bumper is chrome only. There are no rubber bumper
     parts anywhere; nor are there overriders. Why?

     From memory, the commision plate has a manufacture date of '72. Could
     that be why?

     Jeff

     '73 TR6

Subject: '74 commission numbers
Author:  Scott.Mackay@SEMATECH.Org at SMTP
Date:    3/20/98 9:49 AM

     Kerry and all,

     I not sure how much light I can shed, but here goes.  I have
     CF25718UO, stamped in Sept '74 (maybe Aug, it's been a while).  The
     BMHIT (sp?) certificate for my car does not clarify '74 or '74.5.
     Unfortunatly, it did not have the original engine when I got it, so I
     cannot tell about emissions.  It did have the rubber bumper overriders
     and turn signals similar to '73 and earlier models. My understanding
     was the '74.5 cars had the front turn signals/indicators on the
     bumbers ala '75-6, and emissions ala the later cars also.  Commission
     numbers for these '74.5 models were between the '75 model year
     (>35000) and the end of the '74s (~25800).  I also have not been able
     to verify this.  I think you are correct in the assumption of
     CF29133UO being a '74.5 (pre '75).

     Scott Mackay
     Austin, TX