Re: automatic transmissions

To: Rod Randle <randle@concentric.net>
Subject: Re: automatic transmissions
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 05:54:08 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>I had a '61 or '62 Rambler American which had the same overdrive setup.  When
>in overdrive I didn't need the clutch to change gears.  I never had trouble
>with it.
Actually, the overdrive unit you are referring to is the same Laycock units
used in our Triumphs, not the Sabb type freewheel clutch.  What is used in
these is a electrically actuated, hydraulically operated, cone clutch.
AMC, as well as others used these "after the tranny" overdrive units

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (project)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler, rain vehicle, getting a V6 soon!)