Re: automatic transmissions

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: automatic transmissions
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 11:38:28 +1100 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Malcolm,

At 15:14 17/03/98 -0800, you wrote:

>My own Shuv-It, also auto, doesn't have this tranny.  But it can launch
>itself at stoplights much better, I have surprised many V8s!

Me too. Rev the '7 up to 3500, slip the clutch, screech the tires, shift at
5500, take their lane in the middle of the intersection, and wave the finger
out of the sunroof, screaming obscenities ... surprises the hell out of them!

(P.S. Don't waste your time doing this to Volvos - they won't even notice you.)

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia