RE: TR3 temp gauge

To: "'Tom Bottman'" <tbotts@vii.com>, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: TR3 temp gauge
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 08:54:46 -0500
I too had a "cut one" stuck in there when I first got TS25...  I was
able to use a piece of small wood about 8" long as a pry bar working
from the front with the thermo housing taken apart.  Steady pressure
instead of sharp (as in hammer on wood).  Be sure to make the force of
the lever straight toward the opening you want it to move.  I think I
had the very end of the wood on the very end of the bulb.   Someone said
I was lucky it didn't break, but I figured if it did I wouldn't be out
anymore.   The cap tube on mine was cut right at the retaining nut so I
couldn't grab it from the outside.

Carl